Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 A new year!

I love this time of year.  Anything seems possible.  I know it's just another day, another year, but somehow....when the new year arrives, it seems like a fresh start.  My holidays were mixed with good and bad.  Good is that I had a lot of fun things going on, bad is that I caught the flu that was going around, and I'm NEVER sick.  It ruined my ( and my family's Christmas).  I was so ready to put that all behind me.  

What better way to do that than to go on a 9 Day Nutritional Cleanse?  Hubby decided to join me.  We are both feeling sluggish and tired.  We both need to re-energize our bodies!  So, we looked at our calendars and picked the optimum 9 days and today is day 3.  

What I love about day 3 is how accomplished I feel after two straight days of cleansing.  I'm not gonna lie to you, it was tough.  I have had easy cleanse days and hard cleanse days.  After all the holiday indulgences and all the cold medicine I took, I feel like my internal body was all clogged up with impurities and that made this particular cleanse hard.  I was grouchy, tired and hungry.  I was mad every time a commercial came on with food!  I drank tons of water and never actually reached my goal (which is half your body weight in ounces).  And, I am proud to say that I didn't cheat, even a little and now...it's over.  Well at least until next week when I will do it all over again to end the program.  

Drum roll please......my results made the whole thing TOTALLY worth it!  I am now happily drinking my first shake on day 3 and mmmm mmmmm mmmm it's good.  I am down 6 pounds (hallelujah) and 8 inches.  2 of those inches are off my waist (a miracle!).  Hubby is gone right now, so I don't know what his results are so far.  I do know that men do even better on the program than women do....dang it.

I remember 8 years ago before I found the Isa program.  When I would put on a few pounds, I felt like it was such a daunting task to try to get them off. I would start walking (I really just can't jog anymore), exercising and watching my food intake.  But, it was so unrewarding that I rarely stuck with it for long.  And, then I would feel so bad, kind of hopeless.  Getting older can be hard.  But, as I remember, losing weight at any age was always hard for me.  

No matter how tight my clothing got in these past few weeks, I KNEW that I had a way to correct it.  And, FAST.  That knowledge does wonders for me.  I don't have the added stress of wondering what I could do to fix this problem of gained weight.  I HAD a plan.  I just had to DO IT.  Easier said than done of course.  Even with a great plan, I still procrastinated.  I would OF COURSE rather eat fun foods (hey that's what got me in trouble in the first place!).  I can't help it.   I love food and sometimes I just have ZERO will power.

Releasing 6 pounds gives me willpower.  It just makes me want even more.  I plan to start walking on my treadmill today and from there I would like to get back to a full workout regime.  I want to feel that awesome burst of energy that I always get from working out....another thing I am really good at procrastinating at.  But, you heard it here.  I am starting today!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment