Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The 'skinny' on water...

I haven't been getting enough water lately. I can tell because I start getting hungry all the time!! Then I want to eat all the time. That's not good. When I start getting hungry a lot, I ask myself if I have had enough water. A glass of water will do wonders to keep you from too much snacking. 



So, I got out my jug and filled it up. My goal is to drink the entire amount by the end of the day. How much water should you drink. The old 8 - 10 glasses is good. Let's see...8 glasses...8oz each is 64...and my water jug is 75 ounces. So that's perfect. I always eat healthier when I am drinking more water.

Do sodas, tea and juices count? Well, I don't count them. I think of those things as "treats" and not as basics. There are lots of hidden calories in some of those drinks, so be careful. Did you know that a glass of orange juice has over 100 calories?? Wow. Not worth it, if you ask me! And, soda? Soda is NOT good! Loaded with sugar and I have read that carbonation is not healthy. Stay away from soda!! The only tea that I personally think is healthy is herbal tea.

Filtered water? Purified water? Spring water? Bottled water? Water from the tap? Which is best? Is water just water? I am obsessed with water. I have a filter and I think it really tastes better. My water is from a well and if you leave a glass out all night, it will look yucky the next day. So, I filter.

Water is a natural cleanser for your body. And, that's good.

I found something interesting to add to my water:


Gotta go....drink a glass of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment